[Watch Video] IPL 2017 1st Century: Sanju Samson hits 1st Hundred of VIVO IPL 2017
Quick Stats: M9 - RPS vs DDSamson barges into record books, DD's biggest win & all the other interesting numbers
- 1 Number of players who have scored a hundred at a younger age than Sanju Samson in IPL. Samson was 22 years 151 days old. Manish Pandey was 19 years 253 days old when he became the first Indian to score an IPL hundred in 2009.
- 43 Number of hundreds scored in IPL. 17 of them have been scored by the Indian batsmen.
- 7 Number of hundreds scored by Delhi Daredevils batsmen in IPL – joint second-most by any side with Kings XI Punjab. Only Royal Challengers Bangalore batsmen have scored more hundreds in IPL (12).
- 76 Runs scored by Delhi Daredevils in last four overs (16th to 20th)– third most by any side in IPL. Royal Challengers Bangalore made 89 against Gujarat Lions in 2016 and 77 against Delhi Daredevils in 2013.
- 69 Number of matches after which Delhi Daredevils posted a 200-plus total in IPL. The last such instance had come in 2012 when they made 207 for five against Mumbai Indians at Delhi.
- 422.22 Chris Morris’ strike-rate with the bat in the match – 38* off 9 balls. This is the highest strike-rate in IPL in an innings of 25 or more runs. Albie Morkel had a strike-rate of 400.00 (28 off 7 balls) for Chennai Super Kings against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Chennai in 2012. In all Twenty20 cricket, there have been only three innings of 25+ at a higher strike-rate.
- 0 Number of instances in IPL before this match when all 10 wickets in an innings fell to catches. This was the first such instance in IPL and tenth in all Twenty20 cricket.
- 97 The victory margin for Delhi Daredevils (by runs) – their biggest ever win. They had beaten Rajasthan Royals by 67 runs at Delhi in 2010.
- 108 Rising Pune Supergiant’s total – their lowest in IPL. It was actually the first time that Rising Pune Supergiant got all out. It was also the second lowest all out total by any team against Delhi Daredevils after Mumbai Indians’ 92 at Wankhede in 2012.